HITCHMOUNT-RACK for Canoes / Kayaks
The Hitchmount-RACK is a multi-functional, hassle-free, and modification-free hitch mounted rack system for Jeep vehicles.
This hitch mounted rack enables you to carry kayaks, paddle boards or other loads suspended above your vehicle. The Hitchmount-RACK does not interfere with the use of your Sunrider or Freedom Top, and is compatible for use with soft-top and hard-top Jeeps.
The system is designed for ease of use and durability.
NOTE: This rack system works for all Wranglers including the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe, Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle. The electric charge port of the 4xe is located at the bottom of the driver's side A-pillar. The charging port position does not currently allow for mounting solutions for various racks and makes a hitch mounted solution an easy choice.
The Hitchmount-RACK has an extended lower base that is adjustable up to 5 inches to compensate for various spare tire and bumper systems (tire width's from 9-13"). The crossbars are 42" and ready for your load.
Each Hitchmount-RACK comes with: rack system, strap system, hardware, hitch pin and clip, long load safety flag, and 42" rack pads.
- American-made 12 gauge steel from OH, powder-coated Vulcan Black in GA
- Heavyweight Polypropylene Straps (rated for over 675 lbs) manufactured in OR
- Curt® Hitch Pin and Clip from WI
- Zinc coated hardware from MI
- Supports 140 lbs of load weight and load lengths up to 12 feet without additional stability controls
- Assembly - 10 minutes from the box, once assembled mounts on/off your Jeep ® in 3 minutes.
- Designed for use with Jeep ® OEM trailer hitch
- The 1" steel square crossbars fit most Yakima® and Thule® attachments.
A comon question from our customer is how many Kajaks you can carry with this Rack
You have a few options for carrying your boats:
(1) Just load them up and strap them down
(2) Add some J-type cradles (I normally recommend Thule or Yakima but other brands will mount on the 1” tubular crossbars)
Just remember the longer and heavier the load, the more straps are needed to keep everything stabilized.